We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: TBD -- Update: Fri 10/20 11pm UTC - We have encountered some unexpected issues. Our staff is working around the clock to complete this process as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.
Blockhood Wiki:Community portal
Need help, want something changed or want to debate about something? In the community portal you will find exactly what you need!
to your watchlist and stay on top of things!
Block'hood Wiki is a community project run entirely by volunteers to provide information for the game.
Our community of editors is open to anyone. If you would like to join in:
Alternatively, just type a new article name in the search box. A link will be provided to start the article at the top of the search results.
Curse wiki staff[edit source]
Community administrators[edit source]
Everyone welcome to the wiki![edit source]
My name is Leonord_curse and I've been practically alone here doing a bit of work preparing for the release. I'm happy that new editors are finally arriving. We have some things we should discuss now that the wiki is just starting.
I've been thinking what parts of the game need or should have individual pages and I want your opinion.
- Should blocks have their own pages? The thing is that there isn't much info per block and many blocks would benefit from being able to compare them to others. I think that we should AT LEAST create some pages with categories of usefull blocks or place them all in one big article using categories and a good table. It would be perfect to use sortable tables and let sort by values like freshair/groundwater and stuff like that.
- Regarding resources and agents I decided that they will not have individual pages. Do you agree with this decision? I plan on making a table that should all the blocks that input/output using icons like this table: http://pkmnshuffle.wikia.com/wiki/Risk-Taker .
- I've been working on getting some images for the agents, events, blocks and resources. I tried looking into the game files but it is too hard for me so I could REALLY use some help from a game designer in that field. The developers did not answer my question about getting the game's images sadly. From the time being I'm planning of using screenshots and we could move to something better if we get the original files in the future.
I have a simple procedure to take standarized screenshots:
- Open data viz and select a filter. This will make the background grey regardless of night/day or season.
- Resources I'm taking them from the info window that shows up when you click on a resource in the resource panel.
- Blocks I will take them from the right menu but they have a terrible resolution.
- Agents I will probably take them from the agents menu or the unlock pop-up.
If you have a 4K pc you could help to get better looking images, specially from blocks.
So, summarizing, what needs to be done??
- Find out all conditions for agents and get their pictures.
- Document all events.
- Write basic article about gamemodes/game mechanics/controls/settings etc.
- Get all images.
- Challenges page: describe all challenges and give tips.